Monday, June 27, 2011

Anne Polajenko Unplugged: "Teaching Old Dogs New Tricks"

TEACHING OLD DOGS NEW TRICKS

"Have A Heart" by micromeg
         There’s nothing like your kids, or better yet your grand-kids, to keep you on your toes.
The staggeringly rapid developments in Internet communication leave me breathless. It seems as soon as I master one thing, it has been replaced by another. Thankfully I have a grandchild who very patiently walks me through it or I would throw up my hands in despair.

         For example, texting is a very fine feature added to our cell phones. If only “texters” did not communicate in some strange, abbreviated language, that is! You see, I belong to the generation that thought LOL meant “lots of love”. My granddaughter got such a hoot out of that, she made me a texting dictionary. This old dog will not be left behind!

          This led me to wonder what ballet language would look like in text messaging. Imagine a girl who has missed rehearsal and needs to find out what choreography was added. The answer could look something like this:

2pdc(r), 1pdb(left),2ch. Repeat os.

  Got it?

          I don’t think we are quite at that point yet but I would not be surprised to see it in the near future. Of course, someone would have to devise how to also state arms, directions and musical counts! But I leave that to the computer geniuses who, no doubt, will figure out a complete new language for us to master.

 Meanwhile, here is my contribution:

pdc = pas de chat
r = right
l = left
pdb = pas de bourré
ch  = changement
os = other side

     ---- Anne Polajenko
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      Here's a picture of the conclusion of our So Danca Conference, 
       There are benefits to working at So Danca, the familial relationship throughout the workplace is one of those, needless to say our So Danca family dinners are always a great time. 

    Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend, 

                          Love from your humble blogger, 

PS: going off of Anne's article, this is my favorite emoticon <(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>

No comments:

Post a Comment