Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall Shows To Watch And To Avoid Part 1


    There are a lot of new shows out this Fall. Some are very good and some have not yet had time to either blossom or show how truly terrible they really are. This week I'll be looking at various new shows that are out right now grading them according to how watchable they are. Keep in mind that this is only my opinion and thus I apologize if you like a show that I trash, such is the way of opinion. Please let me know in the comments section bellow if you have a deferring opinion on any of these shows, I always appreciate different perspectives. So without further ado here we go.

  Revolution


     Out of all the new shows out right now "Revolution" is the one with the most promise. The pilot captures you right away and invests you into it's winding story. There are many elements within the story so far that are confusing and though it seems like the show will continue to get better, there is always the possibility that the show might flop as well. I have high hopes for this show but we are talking about a big world here. There are a lot of variables at work and it would be easy to slip up somewhere making the story go from awesome to mediocre to lame. Let us hope that this does not happen. I recommend you give this show a try, it's a fun one for sure.

   The New Normal


    So we have had a sudden influx of homosexual centered "themes" going around in various sitcoms as of late. In some cases like "Modern Family" this has been a good thing, complementing the story in various ways, while in other shows this has started to become an overdone "ploy" for attention. "The New Normal" is exactly what we needed due to this phenomenon. Here is a show where we get a very real portrayal of the struggles people face, the real life struggles and the very real prejudice that exists within our society. At times the show will make you feel a little uncomfortable. This happens because it points out the very real weaknesses we have as a society. There is no telling if this show is going to end up good or not, but so far I've enjoyed what I've seen. It's a funny show with real life issues, taking a new perspective on society without apology, I've enjoyed it.

   The Mindy Project


   I'm going to be honest here, and please forgive me for my bluntness but I think this is important. When I first saw "The Mindy Project" I wasn't too impressed. Even though I loved the story, I thought the jokes were funny, and I liked the cast, there was still something keeping me from saying that I loved this show. After careful analysis of my own persona I've come to the realization that the only reason I have this opinion is because I'm not attracted to her and this made me sad. I wager here that this is the major reason why most guys will dislike the show, they might try to come up with excuses but in the end it all boils down to looks. But lo and behold I caught myself doing this and surpassed it, and now I have to admit that I love this show. "The Mindy Project" can be a really fun show, I really have high hopes for it, it's well written and really funny, I recommend it for sure.

    Go On


    Chandler being Chandler, this is the main hook for this show. The show itself hasn't impressed too much yet. Obviously Matthew Perry is funny and all but I'm not convinced that this show will last more than two seasons, not yet at least. The show right now lacks substance, and at times i felt like I was forcing myself to watch it just so I could write something about it instead of enjoying what I was seeing. There is still hope for the show, we are only a few episodes in and all but I'm having a hard time imagining it getting much better. Give this show a shot but don't expect too much from it, maybe low expectations is the best way to go when handling this show, at least so far.

    The Neighbors


     Out of all the new shows that have come out this one is my least favorite by far. The Neighbors has had the weakest presence out of all the shows to come out this fall. Even the pilot episode was weak. There are a lot of things that can still happen in this show and the story can surely turn around, going from lame to interesting. For right now though this is a show that I cannot recommend, it's an overdone concept being performed by an underwhelming cast. Put simply I would be surprised if they get a second season. It's going to take some very serious work to make this show into something that will capture our attention, specially after failing so hard in the first few episodes.

I hope you all have a great Monday and a blessed weak,

    Love from your humble blogger,

No comments:

Post a Comment