Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fall Shows To Watch And To Avoid Part 2


     Next week I'll be reviewing some of the continued shows that are going on, keep in mind that I'm a mere human and cannot watch every show that exists and is doing well, but I promise to try my hardest to spread out the genres between shows I review. This entry covers two shows which I was impressed with and three shows that I'm not sure of. If you have a deferring opinion on any of these shows please let me know, I do so appreciate hearing different opinions.

  666 Park Avenue


    I loved watching this show. It has a great cast, it is very well written and it is well directed so far. The story is engaging and I feel like this particular show will go on for a few seasons, there is a lot that can be done here, many places the story can go and I got a good feeling about it. It's about time we get a new supernatural themed show that tries to push the limits a bit, playing on our emotions while being intelligent and giving us good plot lines. I truly look forward to what they will do next on this show, I recommend it, though keep in mind that this show does have adult themes throughout it, not like an HBO show does but still very much present.

   Emily Owens M.D.


   Here we have another High School themed series which takes place in a hospital, why they would do another hospital series I have no idea but the writing seems to be ok, and the story peaked my interest at some points. There is no telling if this show will survive more than a season but I can see the appeal to it if it does succeed. The show is well casted, though I can't help but think that there is more missing within it. The pilot was entertaining but not awe inspiring. The bottom line is that this show is not doing anything new, and I think they know that and make it obvious that they are self-aware about this fact, but still...I'm just unsure about it's possible future. Anyway, give it a watch if you find the time, but don't go out of your way to see this one, it's not worth it yet.

   Mob Doctor


    When I first saw this commercial I thought this was a joke, like a legit joke. I thought the network was just playing a prank on us by displaying a brash commercial about a doctor working for the mob, but alas it was a real show and I couldn't help but give it a shot. Now it could have been the fact that I expected this show to be horrible that made me love this show, or it could be that this show is just that good, but honestly I recommend this show to everyone. Out of all the new shows coming out I think this one has one of the strongest female leading roles out there, it's encouraging to see. There's no telling if this show is going to be good or not, or if it will survive or not but from what I've seen so far I can't help but to hope that they continue airing episodes. I definitely recommend this show.

   Guys With Kids


    I'm partial when it comes to this show for I love the cast. The guys they picked to be in this show are all really funny guys, and their significant others are amazing as well, all of which have been in great movies and know what they are doing. This does not mean that this show will have a future though, so far I've been underwhelmed by most of the episodes aired. This show has the potential to be something awesome, there really is a good chance that this show will pick up momentum and turn out to be one of the hottest shows in a little while. For now though they need to do some serious work on production and plot growth, I haven't fallen in love with the characters yet, this is an important thing. If you find the time give this a shot, but again, this isn't a show I would stay up for.

    Ben & Kate


    Underwhelming in every sense. Weak male role, weak female role, dumb best friends, just all out not impressive at all. I think someone could find enjoyment in this show if boredom was getting the best of them but when choosing what show to invest your time in if your time is limited I do not recommend this show. I also don't think this will last longer than a season, if it does I'll be very surprised. The cast is good, I like them, I just have a tough time with the story and the plot and the direction, basically everything it needs to be a good show. I don't recommend this show, skip it, I think that's the best course of action to take. 

   Love from your humble blogger,

No comments:

Post a Comment